new posts

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Glamour Shots

I'm dating myself here, but if you grew up in the 90's, you'll remember the whirlwind fad that was Glamour Shots.


For those of you who are too young to remember, or who were there for this catastrophe and have developed selective memory loss to avoid thinking about it, Glamour Shots was basically you (or your mom, in most cases) paying a creepy looking guy in the mall to cake clown makeup on your face, dress you in tube tops and boas, tease and Aqua Net your hair to oblivion, and take pictures in incredibly uncomfortable positions under really bad lighting.




As per the name, they were supposed to be "glamorous," but the end result was something more along the lines of this:

This isn't the worst one.  It's not that I'm unwilling to post the worst ones for the sake of comedy, but I seriously think I burnt them sometime about 15 years ago in a bout of teenage angst.  This will have to do.

Yes, dear readers, that's me on the left and my mother on the right.  I think I was about 13 at the time and that this may be the point in my life that I decided I never wanted to be in front of a camera again.  I had to walk around town with my mom looking like that, and trust me, that makeup looked a whole lot worse in regular lighting.  Like, Tammy Faye Baker fangirl bad.  Seriously.

You can't see it here, but my hair was its own entity, with typical 90's height and tangled volume that could have rendered it capable of becoming a Marvel villain.

Shout out to my niece Halee for digging this out of one of her mom's old albums and posting it on Facebook.
Love you too, kid.



Did you ever have to endure Glamour Shots?  Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...