new posts

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

There's No Age Limit on Funny

My 18 year old niece told me not too long ago that she loved hanging out with me because I acted like I was her age.

I don't know if this is a good thing or not, considering that I'm 31 29.

Sure, I don't see anything wrong with laughing at farts and making a running gag out of that one time the girl in Secret Life said "do you ever think of anything but sex" (wait for it), but there seems to be this expectation that once you reach a certain age, have kids, and can hold a steady job that doesn't involve asking people what kind of dipping sauce they'd like with their chicken nuggets, you have to be sophisticated and mature.

Butt sex.  That's the joke.  Geez, is this thing even on?


Before anyone points out that it's weird for a grown woman to be watching a teenage soap opera, I'll have you know that I started watching it with my niece (that's a lie) and if millions of women can spend their days enthralled in the drama of Luke and Laura and soap operas spoken in a language they don't even understand, I can be equally justified in trying to figure out how Adrian and Ricky can sleep with every. single. person. on the show and everyone can still be friends.  Besides, it has Molly Ringwald in it, that kind of puts it up there with all those John Hughes movies that 80's kids know are the real classics, right?

Poor Duckie's fate was not so kind.

Anyway, I think it's silly to put an age limit on shenanigans.  That's like saying that once you enter adulthood, you must immediately surrender to the cruel reality that, from that moment on, each day is just another day closer to death.  

Stuffy, humorless death.

Possibly the best thing about getting older, though, is that the more time that passes, the less you give a crap about what other people think.  You realize that life isn't as eternal as you thought it was as a kid, that you're not as untouchable as you thought you were as a teenager, and even life has a twisted sense of humor, so you might as well make all the dick jokes and get as many laughs out of it as you can.

But Sandra, you can't be 80 years old making dick jokes and expect anyone to want to be around you - 

BAM.  All further arguments are invalid.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...