new posts

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Monday, December 30, 2013

I Do Not Like It - Spam, I Can't!

No, not the canned meat experiment that most of us were unfortunately exposed to as kids - I'm talking about the random, nonsensical posts you see pop up all over the place, rife with hashtags and advertisements for things you'd never be interested in to begin with.
To be honest, I can't really do this kind of Spam, either.  *Lightbulb* I'm going to spam spammers about SPAM - that'll get 'em.  But I digress.

 ....Anywho, I might have mentioned in a previous post that my abundance of spare time is the result of being laid off from my last job.  I'm not throwing a pity party here, just leading up to what this post is all about, geez. 

So I decided, since I'm a pretty good artist and a semi-entertaining writer, that I would focus on spending time with my family and make money by drawing and writing.  Seems good in theory, right?

And here's where I ran into problems.  If you own a business, blog, website, or have any other online presence, you know that you have to get word out to let people know you're there.  And how do you do that?  You advertise, right? 

But see, I have this problem called "negative advertising budget."  So, I've connected with people in forums and social networking platforms, and it's all good, because I've met some really cool people in these places and found some really awesome websites and blogs in the process, I've even learned a few things along the way. 

Back to the point, I'm a big dummy and told my fiancĂ© to give me a little bit of time, and I'd figure out a way to get  multiple small streams of income to help pay bills.

Do you know what it's like to try to find legitimate means of making money online?

This about sums it up.
 
I've signed up for surveys, I've signed up for affiliate programs and opened affiliate stores (in a brief stint of insanity, mind you), and the only advice I keep seeing is PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE.

...and now I understand those gibberish-laden posts and articles I keep seeing online, because obviously, these people were just like you and me in the months before, desperately trying to pay their mortgage in small change increments from two cent click AdSense credits. 

And so, dear readers, I've decided to log my non-money-making journey here, because I know at least some of you can relate.

Do you have an experience with not making money online (or actually making money online, in which case I hate you so bad right now) that you'd like to share?  Comment below!

**I don't really hate you, I'm just skittering into the abyss of becoming a true starving artist.  No hard feelings.  Really.**

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...