new posts

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Fa La La La... Bleh

I love Christmas.  I love spending time with my family and watching everyone open presents, scarf down awesome food, and giggling as the kiddos excitedly open a present only to find out that batteries aren't included.

This is my oldest daughter, on her birthday and not Christmas... but you get the idea.

What I don't love is the inevitable crash that happens once everything is open, all the food is eaten, and everyone has run off to their respective clean, undestroyed homes to sleep off the excess food in their bellies.  That moment when you look at your house and it looks back at you like a special Christmas episode of Hoarders, with wrapping paper strewn across the floor and furniture, empty boxes looking forlorn and abandoned, the smell of cookies and ham hanging in the air as one last reminder that now you have to clean all this crap up.

Sigh.

And that, dear friends, is how I wound up in a snoring heap on my couch yesterday afternoon. 

As of right now, there is still wrapping paper being dragged back and forth by Buddy puppy, happily piled into his bed and gnawed on. There are still sad, empty boxes piled here and there on the floor, occasionally housing Shadow kitty ('cause, you know, cats and boxes and all).  And here I am writing a blog post, because clean houses are overrated, right? Right? 

Sigh.

Happy holidays everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...