new posts

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Dog the Bounty Hunter Gets Cancelled

"I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world."

Wait, I'm confused. He tells his son that he has no problem with the fact that his girlfriend is black, yet calls her the N word 6 times in a phone conversation? Okay, he says he's not referring to her color, but her character - which is somewhat understandable - but why did he automatically call her the N word, instead of any number of other, not as racist but just as illustrative, words?

I enjoy (or should I say enjoyED) watching Dog the Bounty Hunter, but for someone who has so much Ohana for everyone, I have to say I'm more than disappointed.

I'm aware that this conversation with his son was (and should have stayed) personal between the two of them, and that the media takes anything they can find and blows it to epic proportions. I get it. But I'm tired of hearing all these people who seem wonderful spout off racist and sexist slurs. Just like Mel Gibson, a self-professed Christian, making anti-Semetic statements after too many drinks.

At least Halle Berry's comment about "her Jewish cousin" was an innocent repeat of what her friend - who is Jewish - had said. It may not have been appropriate, but it's not her fault no one knew the whole story behind it.

But wait - there's more! Here's part of what Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman said to his son:

"I'm not taking a chance...not because she's black but because we use the word n---er sometimes here. I'm not going to take any chance ever in life of losing everything I've worked for 30 years because some drunken n---er heard us say n---er and turned us into the Enquirer magazine...I'm not taking that chance at all never in life. Never..."

Uh, yea. *Irony* Didn't this story break in the Enquirer? "Never." Riiiight.

Sorry Dog, you shouldn't be using the word in the first place.

So again, we have a person who thoughlessly let their mouth override their brain, and will have "Bigot" tattood on their forehead for all eternity. Thanks for the apologies, but I don't think this will go away so easily.

1 comment:

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...