new posts

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Friday, December 20, 2013

This Just In - Twitter PSA:#HasJustineLanded

So I logged onto Twitter and was bombarded by #hasjustinelanded posts.  This is the craziest thing I've ever seen.  Apparently, a public relations representative sent Twitter into a fury with this tweet:

Going to Africa. Hope I don't get AIDS. Just kidding. I'm white!
— Justine Sacco (@JustineSacco)

... I'm going to let that sink in for a minute.  As I'm writing this, tweets are still pouring in, ranging from angry to shocked to downright hilarious:

"Headed home.  Hope the wife's asleep.  Just kidding!  I'm horny."

"Heading to North Korea, hope I don't get shot.  Just kidding!  I'm Dennis Rodman."

"Living in America.  That means I can say whatever I want.  Just kidding!  I'm not white."

"I haven't looked forward to a white person landing this much since I thought Santa was white."

(If any of these are your tweets, feel free to claim them.  My page is scrolling so fast that I don't have time to printscreen.)

...her account was deleted shortly after that.


 
"Well!  Guess the answer to #hasjustinelanded is yes!"

...and shortly after that, her profile information was removed from the business she worked for.

Oops.

Someone even created a spoof account that redirected to the Aid for Africa website.

Oh, hilarity and tragedy all in one streaming social network feed.  I feel kind of bad for her, but shouldn't a PR agent know better?  Come on now.

So that's today's Public Service Announcement:  Use Twitter wisely.  It can destroy families and lives with one little retweet. 

Happy tweeting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...